Pages

Thursday, April 7

Watch Out Cork, There is Another Mainah in Town!!







Ashley has arrived! I guess you can never truly appreciate your home life until you leave it for a period of time. Thats how it was for me at least. My sister has come at a perfect time, and we have planned a jam packed week for her.
Yesterday we went to the Fota Wildlife park. It was easy enough to get to, just a quick bus ride and then hopping onto the train plus I had heard great things about it. When we woke up it was cold and dark outside but, as I have become accustom to, the weather quickly changed and thankfully that afternoon and it ended up being a gorgeous day! The park was really amazing and I recommend it to any Cork visitors. Most of the animals were allow to roam free. It was amazing because, we were able to sit and have lunch with a peacock to one side of us and a group of lemurs to the other. We spent a few hours just walking around the park looking at the different animals. I think Ashley had a great time, even though the trip may have resulted in a new paranoia of birds for her. I got a great laugh early on in the day when I told her to go stand next to one of the free range birds walking around. She replied with "What if it attacks me" I assured her she was being ridiculous when out of now where the bird began to chase her. I ended up getting a great action shot and a huge laugh, I'm sure Ashley doesn't appreciate the picture as much as I do but she'll come around! haha!
As for my classes things are starting to wind down. I gave one of my presentations on Tuesday and I think it went well, I only have one more to go. Instructors are now trying to prepare us for final exams. I have also finally been able to wrap up all the applications I have to various schools at home. This summer I am finishing my degree at SMCC with the last two classes I need and then transferring to either Thomas College, University of Southern Maine or Saint Joseph's College for accounting. Applying from so far away has been a challenge but I did most of the preparation before I left, which helped a lot.
The weather is getting nicer and there is a buzz around campus that can only come with an approaching break. I am look forward to Spring break and my trips to Galway, Dublin, and Scotland! I will be sure to post all about them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment