Pages

Tuesday, April 12

Goodbye Ash/ Hello Spring Break

This morning I had my last presentation, it went really well, and things are definitely winding down at school. This is the last full week of school before Easter Break. Most of my classes are wrapping up the last bit of presentations or going over final bits of information we need to know for exams. From my understanding, after our two weeks off in April, we return to a four day school week. That week is meant to be a review week to help students study for exams. The following week after that is "study week", during this time teachers will set up blocks of time on a certain day that they will meet with any students who want to go over any information or have any questions, so that week we will not have regular classes and I will probably only have to meet in class rooms five times since I have five classes. That could be wrong though, I guess we will see. Following that is exam week! Ahh! Kidding, I think everything will go fine. I also found out the other day that some of the schools I applied to are willing to look at my CIT transcripts to see if I can get some classes accepted for transfer credit, which would be awesome!

Today is Ashley's last day in Ireland. I came home after my presentation and now her and I will be going to the Cork City Goal and hopefully around the University College Cork (UCC). They have a beautiful campus, but it is kind of cold outside so I'm not sure if we will end up doing that. The weather actually has not been that wet this week, I told Ashley she lucked out because she has not seen rain since coming here and they days have been long, sunny and warm. This streak of gorgeous weather has not gone un appreciated! After the Zoo on Wednesday, on Thursday we walked around town and got lunch then when food shopping at Dunnes and made a dinner too big for two here and ended the night watching movies. Friday after I got out of classes, we went with two other international students to see the Blarney Stone. Even though I have already kissed it and (hopefully) gained my ability to speak more eloquently, I thought that it is just something Ashley has to do while she is here in Ireland. That night we had a birthday dinner with some friends of mine and then went out to a pub to celebrate. I think Ashley enjoyed dancing in her first Irish pub, it ended up being a great day through! Sunday through Saturday we made our way up to Dublin and stayed in a Hostel. It was Ashley's first hostel experience and after have seeing the movie, lets just say she was apprehensive, haha. She ended up being pretty impressed and so was I, Ashfield house is a great hostel in the heart of the city if you are ever in the area ! We had a great weekend there and we both got Claddagh rings for each other (since it is bad luck to buy your own). Monday was pretty quiet, I had a some school work to get done for this week plus classes. In all its been a great week and I look forward to a class party coming up this Thursday and then a trip to Galway this weekend!

P.S I am going to include a couple pictures, because I know that I like looking at pictures in blogs haha, so for those of you who are like me, here you are........





No comments:

Post a Comment