Pages

Monday, April 4

April? Already?!

I cannot believe that it is already April! I know that I keep saying this but time is going by so fast and I know this month in particular will probably be the fastest! My assessments last week went really well. I'm glad to have them over and done with. This week I have one presentation in Marketing, its tomorrow morning and I am slightly nervous but I think that my group has done a really nice job. More exciting however, is the fact that my sister is coming tomorrow! I am beyond thrilled. I really need to see a familiar face. I have made a lot of good friends here, but there is nothing like family when you need them! She will be staying until next Wednesday, so she definitely will have time to really see Cork. It will be great. Eden Hall allows you to have guests so she will be staying in my room with me rather than at a hostel or B&B which will help her save some money.
Things do seem to be quite a bit more money here. As long as you can budget though, the scholarship is plenty to cover for food, laundry and such.I was actually contacted by someone who is interviewing for the Mitchell scholarship this month. Now THAT is exciting! I remember how nervous I was and then when I was named a recipient I was ecstatic but even more uneasy because I had no idea what to expect. This got me thinking, for any people interested in the scholarship I am going to do a post about what I wish I had known and tips. I know that I would have found that interesting and although no one can prepare you for an experience like this, it helps to hear from another student when there are so many unknowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment